EUROPEAN COPRODUCTIONS: PORTUGAL
The Call for the 2nd Edition of the European Coproductions meeting within the Industry activities of the Seville Film Festival 2020 was closed on Monday 28th September 2020. The guest country is Portugal.
The event is an initiative of the Seville Film Festival and ANCINE - Asociación Andaluza de Productoras de Cine de Ficción, Documental, Animación y Seriado in collaboration with ICA - Instituto do Cinema e do Audiovisual, ICAA - Instituto de la Cinematografía y las Artes Audiovisuales, Creative Europe, Arte Sonora Estudios, Portugal Film Commission, Spain Film Commission, Andalucía Film Commission, PCIA - Produtores de Cinema Independente Associados, APCA - Associaçao de Productores de Cinema e Audiovisual, Consulate of Portugal in Sevilla and Cineuropa.
The call is open to Spanish and Portuguese producers with projects that meet the following requirements:
- Spanish or Portuguese fiction or documentary films in the development phase that seek or have co-production potential with the other country.
- The project must have a main producer associated to it.
- The financing of the project must be secured at 30% at the time of registration.
- A first version of the script will be necessary to qualify for the call for proposals. It can be submitted in the original language (Spanish/Portuguese) or English.
- The inscription of the project will be accompanied by a creative dossier in English that will include the main data of the project: title, logline, synopsis, director’s note of intention, director & producer biographies and profile of the production company.
A maximum of 10 projects will be selected: 5 Portuguese and 5 Spanish of which 2 will be Andalusian.
The selected projects will have 7 minutes and visual material support to present their projects (pitch) and will enjoy exclusive individual meetings with the other participants, producers and professionals of the sector invited especially for this event. The language of the event will be English.
A jury made up of 3 film professionals will give two awards:
- FESTIVAL DE SEVILLA AWARD: 5,000 € in cash for the development of the winning project.
- ARTE SONORA ESTUDIOS AWARD: 5,000 € in postproduction services (editing and sound mixing).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROJECTS: 28 September 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT SELECTED PROJECTS: 14 October 2020
MEETING DATES: 10-11 November 2020
Activity made possible thanks to: